The thought has been encircling my mind for the past year. Would I be ready to suffer and die for Jesus Christ if persecution came to the United States? Many Christians in China, North Korea and now Africa are suffering and dying because they believe in Jesus Christ. What is more impressive is while they are being tortured they are singing the praises of the Lord. How magnificent is this. I have received this information from Voice of the Martyrs, an organization that sends Bibles, asks us to pray, and to send letters to those persecuted in different areas of the world encouraging them. It would be wonderful for them to know that we in the United States are praying for them.
I’m not sure how I would react if some other power took over in the United States and demanded we deny Jesus or die. We, in this country, don’t know much persecution. I think we are a soft society that is slowly drifting away from Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment